Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Day at the Farm November 5, 2022




 Monarchs on blue mist flower.

Drove up Saturday morning for the day.  Bert was hunting.  Watched the Astros in the World Series with Mom, Dad and Nancy and Lisa on Saturday night.

I planted 3 Russian Sage in the center area of the Star Garden.  It stays pretty dry in that area which suits sages very well.  Russian Sage has white foliage which I thought would look very pretty with the low-growing Artemesia that I planted near there a couple of weeks ago.  Russian Sage is a sub-shrub.  If it takes off it should be very attractive with its lavender flower spikes.  I have bad luck getting plants to grow there, my hope is because it is so dry, these plants will be perfect there.  

I planted a Summer Chocolate Silk tree which I will dedicate to my granddaughter Zelda.  They will be here next weekend, and I have a plaque ready with her name and the date.

I planted 2 Ballerina roses in the rose boxes attached to the arbor in the Rose Garden.  I filled them with mushroom compost last week in preparation for planting and I added some more compost today.  I also planted an Enchantress rose in one of my feed buckets.  I had some pentas in that pot, so I pulled them up.  I saw armadillo activity in there and walked around the garden until I found 2 entrance holes.  I hammered down some stakes on the wire fencing to close the holes.

I cleared out the front flower bed of ageratum before it went to seed.  And I pulled away all the luffa vine from the fence.  I brought 13 huge luffa gourds into the house to dry out.  Did some general clean up in the bed once that mess was gone.  And I sowed seed:  Cornclockle, yellow yarrow, Larkspur, and California poppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment