Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Day at the Farm November 9, 2022

 

Duchess de Brabant.
Iceberg rose.

This is Valentine rose.

Drove up for the day and worked from the farm.

The roses are loaded with buds.  Roses love this Texas fall weather.

I deadheaded Mexican sunflowers.  They are extremely floriferous.  So pretty.  Staying on top of the deadheading has really helped them stay standing.  

I stopped at Home Depot on the way to the farm and bought some bags of potting soil. I used the potting soil and some mushroom compost and planted 2 True Passion roses in feed buckets.  They have deep orange blooms.

Watered in the Rose Garden.  The water has been turned off since Saturday when I was here last.

I laid down ant poison in the back where there are well-worn ant trails weaving back and forth.  And I put ant poison on some active entrances in the Orchard.

Sprayed the roses for blackspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment