Sunday, December 11, 2022

Day at the Farm December 7, 2022

 Archduke Charles looked pretty today.





I drove up for the day and worked from the farm so that I could haul up some china and crystal for Christmas dinner.  And I missed the garden.  The miracle of all the little seedlings is so entertaining.

I had 75 bulbs to plant which only took 20 minutes or so.  I had 50 Geranium tuberosum and 25 Ornithogalum dubium  (Star of Bethlehem).  The Geranium bulbs are perennials, not the same as the cheerful red geranium in pots, these are different.  I'm just curious about them.  Both of these bulbs were really inexpensive, so I bought them just for fun.  I planted all of them in the Rose Garden.  Gave them a good soak.

Picked leaves out of my seed beds.

Headed home after work, it was already dark.  That's my least favorite part of the winter months.  All the dark hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment