Monday, January 8, 2024

Weekend at the Farm January 5 - 7. 2024

 

Here is my new dog.  I rescued her from a gas station.  It took 3 days of trying before she finally let me get her.  I had to shave her because her fur was so matted.  She is heartworm negative and she is not chipped.  Sweet and getting less timid every day.

Saturday.  I worked in the Vegetable Garden most of the day turning over rye grass into the soil for my green manure.  

While I was there I did some raking.

I cut back the asparagus in the small bed and the large bed.  Fertilized both.  Asparagus is a heavy feeder.

Turned over the compost piles in the buckets.  Added leaves to them. 

It was cool and sunny.  A perfect day. 

Sunday.  I did some spring cleaning.  Under and behind furniture.  

Sprayed herbicide here and there.

I spread fragrant mist flower seeds in the Orchard and in several beds here and there where nothing was growing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment