Sunday, April 28, 2024

Crawfish Boil Week April 16 - 21, 2024

 


Tuesday.  Up early.  Cloudy morning.  I went down to the Orchard and cleaned out part of a small skinny bed and planted a Duelberg that I had dug up some time ago.  Then I used part of a quart of paint that Bert bought and painted the back part of the fence in the Orchard.  I used up that quart pretty quickly, need more.

I sowed 14 four inch pots with Texas Star Hibiscus seed that I got at the plant swap.  They are for the plant sale in October.  Now, all I have to do is keep them alive for six months.

Wednesday.  I worked in the Orchard for a couple of hours pulling up big weeds and wildflowers and hoeing the tiny ones.  I sowed lots of Cosmos seed.  Looks like the rabbits ate all my zinnia seedlings that I sowed a couple of weeks ago.  

I worked in the Rose Garden for an hour or so spot watering and weeding.  I cleaned out the Caldwell Pink bed, added some compost and sowed lots of Cosmos seed.

That's it!  No time for anything else except cooking.




No comments:

Post a Comment