Friday, April 12, 2024

Weekend at the Farm April 6 - 7, 2024

 



I repotted my Mission from Mars mangave, and I used the broken pot to plant Painted Desert mangave.

I pulled up artemisia in Water Garden.  That will be a lifelong task.

I ran the weed eater across some rescue grass in the Meadow so that it wouldn't go to seed.

I ran the weed eater across some weedy growth in the Rose Edge Border.  The entrance to the Rose Garden was looking pretty shabby.

Pulled up Cleaver weed that was crawling all over the area next to the Vegetable Garden.  I did that way too late, and I will have a big problem with that weed next year.   Cleaver has the sticky balls that cling to everything - dog fur, clothes, etc.  On the bright side, it is edible.

I weeded the beds in the Vegetable Garden.

Turned the compost and created a new pile.

Added compost to the long bed in the Vegetable Garden and sowed corn seed.  Pulled up poppies to make room

Raked in the Vegetable Garden.

Planted 2 Asclepias tuberosa, 6 Strawberry Fields, 3 Twistleaf Goldenrod, 1 Fireworks Gomphrena, and 2 Cleome.

Spot watered in the Rose Garden.

I potted up an Inland Sea Oats and 2 swamp sunflower for the plant sale.

I put a Frosted Elegance mangave in a pot, and I put a small Pineapple Express into a new pot, the old one was broken.

Cleared out tall winecup from around the althea seedlings that Tommy gave me.

I watered in the Greenhouse Garden, I see some of the groundcovers trying to make a comeback.

My Virginia Creeper groundcover plan is working.  I'm very proud of it.  I'm starting to get some pretty growth on the ground in the Shade Garden and the Circle Drive.

Sprayed herbicide in the Rose Garden, the Star Garden and the Orchard.

I cleared out part of a bed in the Orchard and sowed a bunch of zinnia seed.


No comments:

Post a Comment