Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Day at the Farm Jan 22, 2012

Quick trip to the farm to check on things.


  • Pulled weeds everywhere.

  • The Erlicheers are beginning to bloom. They have the sweetest smell of anything I grow with the exception of the Noisette roses.

  • I spent quite a bit of time pulling up seedlings that were growing around my bulbs. Bulbs don't like to fight for space. I find they won't bloom if they are overwhelmed with other plants. I don't like pulling up plants of any kind! I feel like they're my babies.

  • I watered the citrus trees in the Greenhouse.

  • I watered here and there.

  • All the crocuses have emerged. All the Byzantine Glads have emerged. I'm still waiting on the the Spanish Bluebells to pop up that I just planted. The ones I planted last year are already up.

  • Worked in the Vegetable Garden for a while. Took home mustard greens to put in a soup.

  • The radicchio is beginning to go to seed. That's good. The bees like the flowers, and there is almost nothing blooming anywhere else.


No comments:

Post a Comment