Sunday, January 29, 2012

Reseeding Feverfew

Feverfew reseeds. I don't actually know if Feverfew is a reseeding annual or a perennial. Mine was healthy and bloomed profusely, then after it bloomed, it died. All the flowers dropped their seed, and here I am in the winter, and it is coming back from seed. We had such a horrible drought in Texas in the summer of 2011 that I'm not sure what a normal growth pattern is for Feverfew. Also, I have voles. They attack the roots of plants, so maybe voles got the mother plants!

Above is a flower bed full of Feverfew seedlings. The leaves and the unopened flowers (it blooms in the spring) make a tea that will alleviate migraines. It is a very useful medicinal herb.

I just discovered there is a double Feverfew. The flowers look like pom poms. I want some!






No comments:

Post a Comment