Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mojito Colocasia

Mojito Colocasias get about 3 feet tall.  They like shade.  They die back in the winter.  I had one I planted last year that I grew from a bulb, and it came back very well this spring.  That's important because I find they don't always come back well the second year.  I had a gorgeous Nancy's Revenge that grew beautifully the first year, but it never showed back up the second year.  Black Magic did not do well for me either.  But Colocasias (elephant ears) are classic plants for shade gardens, so I keep trying various varieites.  I bought nine more Mojitos and planted them this spring.  The markings on the leaves are really dramatic.  A single leaf in a tall, very narrow vase is very stylish looking as a floral arrangement with no flowers.  Very modern.




No comments:

Post a Comment