Sunday, February 21, 2016

Weekend at the Farm February 19 - 21, 2016


Met Bert at Stewart Title and signed all the refinancing documents for the farm, then gathered up all the dogs and cat and went to Burton for the weekend.

  • Watered my new hydrangea and night blooming jasmine. Watered my sweet olive (I decided my new mission is to try to bring my sweet olive back from the brink of death).  Watered my white sweet shrub. Watered some of the pots around the pool.
  • Set the sprinklers to run Friday night so I could see what I needed to baby on Saturday.
  • Saturday morning got ready for the arrival of a group that is using our place for a team building event.
  • Used the blower to clear the paths in the Greenhouse Garden, Star, and Shade.
  • Sunday. Up early.
  • Watered the young trees in the Orchard.
  • Sprayed fungicide on all my roses in the Rose Garden, the Orchard, the front bed, and the Star Garden.  I won't be back for a couple weeks so I'm glad I got that done.
  • Pulled lots of weeds.
  • Watered the Sweetshrub next to the Greenhouse.
  • Watered a few places in the Rose Garden.
  • The next several weeks will be an explosion of blooms. The daffodil bed will be in full bloom.  The Pearlbush is just beginning to bloom. The plum trees are about to bloom.  I ordered 12 yards of mushroom compost to be delivered next Friday.  So when I arrive here two Fridays from now I will begin mulching every plant with good healthy compost. And I will prepare the Vegetable Garden for spring planting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment