Sunday, January 22, 2023

Weekend at the Farm January 20 - 22, 2023

 

This is Autumn Joy Stonecrop coming up.  

Saturday.  I worked in the Meadow for several hours cutting down yaupon and dragging them to the fire pile.  Bert had a good fire going and we burned off the pile that I created over the last several weeks.  Bert cut down some yaupons that were too thick for my little saw.

I worked in the Star Garden for a couple of hours.  I cut down canna debris and did some raking and weeding.  

My paperwhites are in bud.  The freak cold weather in December damaged the greenery but they are going to flower.

After lunch I planted 5 Self-Heal in the Medicine Garden.  I planted 3 blue larkspur seedlings in the Rose Garden.

I cut down the asparagus debris in the big asparagus bed in the Vegetable Garden.  Fertilized.  Picked 4 asparagus.

I cut down the dead debris from the Inland Sea Oats and Southern Woodfern in the Dining Room bed.

Cut down more canna debris.

I pulled up 8 or so plugs of artemisia that had grown into the path in the Water Garden and planted it in one of the Barbados Cherry beds near the pool.

I spent some time moving Passalong Pink from paths to various flowerbeds.

Sunday.  I cut back debris on one of my biggest salvias.

I cut back my trailing white lantana in the Water Garden and cut back scraggly white verbena.  Raked.

Weeded in the Vegetable Garden for a bit.

I used the last of my compost to fill the 3 holes I made in the Star Garden a couple of months ago.  I dug up my miniature roses and planted them in a pot, but I never filled the holes.  That's finally done.  

I dumped my 2 compost piles from the buckets on to the ground where the ripe compost was.  Mixed it up well.

I cut down all the Red Shrimp Plant debris in the Porthole Bed.

Bert and I went to Amy's for a little party to meet the new neighbors.  Headed to Houston after that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment