Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Weedend at the Farm 05/01-02/10

All the flowers in these pictures came from a free packet of seeds I received in the mail. The have been a nice surprise.
Straw flowers and Icelandic Poppies grown from a packet of seeds I received in the mail. That is a Ballerina rose in the background that is covered with blooms.

The petals of this poppy are so delicate looking.


It's getting warm. I swam in the pool for the first time this year.
  • I planted 7 red Salvia greggii along the back of the house. I had caryopteris in that bed but only one of them returned after our harsh winter.

  • I planted 5 Pink Muhly in the Wave Garden.

  • I planted 5 Silver Frost Sedum in the Star Garden.
  • I planted 3 Pennyroyal in the Infinity Garden (Medicinal Herb garden). Pennyroyal is an abortifascient. If you drink a tea made from Pennyroyal when you're pregnant it will cause the fetus to abort.

  • Fertilized the corn in the Vegetable Garden.

  • Watered all the shrubs in the Greenhouse Garden.

  • Watered the fruit trees in the Orchard.

  • Worked in the Rose Garden pulling weeds and pulling up all the California Poppies before they go to seed. All the wildflowers I planted in the rose boxes have really gotten in the way of my roses. I didn't like that at all. Next year I don't want the same thing to happen again.

  • Weeded the Star Garden.

  • Pulled up carrots and parsnips from the Vegetable Garden to bring home for dinner next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment