Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Weekend at the Farm 05/22-23/10

My corn: as high as an elephant's eye.

I had the family reunion at the farm. We had a good turnout, about 45 people. We had lots of fun. Many, many thanks to my husband for all the work he did mowing, setting up, and cleaning up. On Sunday:


  • I weeded and weeded.

  • I finally finished my Wave Garden of grasses!! I planted three Cassian Fountain Grasses and five Little Bunny Grasses. No more space unless I make more beds!

  • I turned the compost piles.

  • Watered the fruit trees and the shrubs in the Greenhouse Gardens.

  • Fertilized lots of plants that didn't look like they were thriving.

  • Sprayed herbicide around an oak tree where I am going to build a bulb garden: Kill the grass, dig it up, lay down some cedar edging, fill it with soil and compost. Plant bulbs in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment