Monday, August 23, 2010

A Day at the Farm 08/21/10




The plant in the pictures above is a kind of rock rose - Pavonia Hastata.

This was a quick trip, just long enough to water the fruit trees and be back in town for my dad's birthday. I won't need to worry about watering the trees soon enough. In September I am having some landscaping done. That's right, I'm not doing it myself. I'm paying someone to do it. Sprinklers down to the Orchard and flowerbeds and paths through the Orchard.
  • Watered the trees and the shrubs in the Greenhouse Garden.
  • Fertilized around the pool, the Hollyhock bed, the Fringe Tree, the Ballerina roses, and the Long Border.
  • Sprayed herbicide in the Star Garden.
  • Thinking about having a party in the fall, early October. It will look so pretty in October. The roses will be blooming beautifully, the asters will be in bloom, the zinnias will still be going strong, the fall Vegetable Garden will be planted. The weather will be tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment