Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our Garden Art

My husband's artistic side has really come out since we've built this house. I am of the opinion that anything that is erected on a pedestal becomes art. I mean, who is to say, right?

I spotted this interesting piece of pier washed up into some rocks while taking a walk in Galveston. We dragged it home. My husband put it up on a pedestal and - there you go - art.


Sometimes the pin oaks on our property curl over in the most interesting way. I would never cut one down if it was still alive, but these two trees died . My husband suspended them on chains and there you go - art!

A dead tree with the top chopped off, some plaster of paris and broken Sky Vodka bottles and he created - you guessed it - art.
An uprooted tree turned upside down, erected on a pedestal, and spray painted becomes an homage to the seventies - art!

My husband lops the tops off of dead trees, cuts out interesting shapes at the tops, and paints them. They are very interesting to come upon during a walk through the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment