Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Weekend at the Farm 12/11 - 12/2010

This is a Debutante Camellia just opening.


Nice Weather!
  • Came alone. Bert went hunting.

  • Shredded leaves until the shredder died on me. I filled it with gas, but I couldn't get it started again. I don't know what's wrong. Used the shredded leaves in beds around The Greenhouse as mulch.

  • Finished off the mulch pile I bought two weekends ago. It went all around the pool before it was all used up. I pulled up all the freeze damaged salvia in the process.
  • Fertilized my 'Frostproof' Gardenias. They were looking a little yellow.

  • Tried to fill in the path I created last weekend with crushed granite that was sitting out for about a year. Hard as a rock! I'll have to bash it with a sledge hammer I guess. Moved on to another project.

  • Put our suet for the birds. Filled the bird baths.

  • Watered here and there.

  • For dinner on Saturday ate collards from the garden.

  • Fertilized all the Dianthus.

  • Some of my little bulbs are springing forth around the La Marne roses. So cute!

  • Worked in The Vegetable Garden. Cut back all the dead asparagus vegetation. I was sick of it! Asparagus get very unruly. Now I can easily bury citrus to ward off nematodes. Fertilized. Don't neglect vegetable in the winter time! They need fertilizer - more fertilizer than spring veggies.

  • Raked out The Vegetable Garden.

  • Watered the plants that have been moved into The Greenhouse for the winter.

  • Cleaned out the pool skimmers. Saved a little frog in one of the skimmers that was surely going to die. He'll probably jump right back in.

  • Cleaned the big oven. That's a messy job.

No comments:

Post a Comment