Monday, December 27, 2010

A Weekend at the Farm 12/25 - 26/10




My husband built a fence around The Orchard. We will paint it green. I might staple rabbit wire along the bottom of the fence to keep out the armadillos.

Arrived late Saturday evening. My husband left early Sunday to go hunting.
  • All day, all I did was rake, shred, and spread leaves. I worked on the leaves around the boardwalk. Work, work, work, and it still didn't look like I'd done anything at all! There are billions of leaves on the ground. But I intend to shred as many as I can. It's good mulch. I worked until the machine gave out. I don't know why it quits, I don't know if it's over heating or if it's something else. It did the same thing last weekend, and I feared there would be an expensive repair bill. But my husband was able to get it started. I never could get it started again yesterday. So I put everything away and went home.

  • Bulbs popping up everywhere! Bulbocodium conspicuus and Rolf Fiedler. So cute. The Erlicheer are just peeping out of the earth.
  • It was bitter cold yesterday. Never warmed up.
  • Came home to find out my son, Max, had gotten a tattoo. He turned 18 two days ago and went with his brother. They both got the same tattoo, their name down the entire length of their side. I cried and cried. Tattoos are hideous.

No comments:

Post a Comment