Thursday, May 19, 2011

Some of my Cannas

This a pretty red canna called Scarlet Wave. It is at the entrance to the Orchard and the color really pops. Very visible from the top of the hill. This canna spreads quickly! The two pictures below are Striped Beauty Canna. The leaves are variegated and quite pretty. The buds of cannas are one of my favorite things about this group of flowers. The buds are beautiful works of art. I also love the big, luscious flowers and the tropical foliage. The leaves are the larval food for butterflies in the skipper family. I have this one planted next to the pool. It is a dwarf, and it has turned out to be more slow growing than Scarlet Wave or Tropical Sunrise (below).
This canna is called Tropical Sunrise. I planted it in the Long Border next to the Rose Garden. It has really spread quickly, and it is always in bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment