Sunday, September 16, 2018

Weekend at the Farm September 15 - 16, 2018



 Arrived Friday evening, Bert was already here.  I went to Koy and Cleo's grandparents ice cream social, grocery store, then here around six o'clock.  Josh, Amy, Koy and Cleo arrived early Saturday afternoon and spent the night.  Their kitchen is going through a re-model.
  • Saturday I spent the morning clearing out the Vegetable Garden, prepping it for my fall garden.  I turned over and smoothed out the soil in the 30 foot bed, two of the four x four beds, and the 16 foot bed.  I pulled up all the okra (I didn't even eat any okra this year, I should stop growing it because it is a host plant for nematodes.).  I pulled up both of my Ichibahn eggplants growing in buckets.  They are still producing beautifully, but time to move on.  I pulled up weeds and dead Mexican Sunflower.  I also pulled up some Coreopsis - it would be pretty in the spring, but it is in the way.  I raked the paths here and there.  That was quite a lot of effort, my heart was pounding from the effort for some reason!
  • I had Bert come out and shoot into the armadillo hole in the back of the Vegetable Garden.  The dirt dug out of the hole looked fresh, so hopefully the little bastard was in there.  Bert filled the hole with rocks and decomposed granite that he dug up from the road. 
  • Josh and family arrived, and the girls and I played all afternoon.  Josh and Amy went to dinner, and we babysat the girls.
  • Sunday.  More playing dolls and swimming and just generally being outside.  Josh and family left about 3:00.
  • I sowed seeds in the Vegetable Garden:  Giant of Italy Parsley, Cruiser Cilantro, Allstar Gourmet Lettuce Mix, Touchstone Gold Beets, Javelin Parsnips, Bright Lights Swiss Chard and Napoli Carrots.
  • Did laundry and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment