Friday, May 8, 2020

Caldwell Pink Rose Looked Pretty this Evening May 7, 2020

You can see the chicken wire around this bed in the photo below.  Armadillos were tearing it up.
Caldwell Pink is a found rose sold by the Antique Rose Emporium.  It is an oddball rose.  It is the latest blooming rose of all my roses (and I have many).  All the other roses have long been finished with their spring flush.  It is very late to put on growth after winter.  It is still bare long after all the other roses have leafed out.  And, in the fall the leaves turn red just like a tree does.  I think it is a nice to rose to have in a collection.  It has no scent, though, which is why I write that it is a good rose to have when you have many roses, but I don't think this is a good rose to have if it is the only rose you have.




No comments:

Post a Comment