Tuesday, August 18, 2020

At the Farm During the Pandemic August 3 - 17, 2020


This is a close up of a Black Seeded Moudry grass seed head.  I love grasses.
  • Monday.  Worked.
  • Before work started I watered the Long Border with the new hose set-up that Bert made for me.
  • Pulled a few weeds.
  • The timer is already broken in the Rose Garden. It won't go past station 2, and station 2 won't shut off.  I will have to buy a new timer before next week because we have Airbnb guests coming all next week.  Those things are such a nuisance.
  • Picked more okra.  I have a bagful of okra now.  I have to do something with it (yuck).  Okra is pretty much the only thing that will grow in hot weather - amaranth and sunflowers and okra.  
  • I did a lot of basil dead heading.  I grow basil because the bees LOVE the flowers.  I have lots of basil growing in the Rose Garden and the Vegetable Garden.  
  • Sprayed herbicide in the Rose Garden.  Only in a few spots that I obviously missed last time I sprayed.
  • I sprayed here and there in the Orchard in spots that I missed last time.
  • I weeded along the Boardwalk.  And I pulled up lots of Mexicali Rose that was growing in places where it should not be growing.
  • I spent some time cleaning up in the Kitchen Herb garden.  I cut back messy mint and pulled weeds.
  • Sprayed herbicide here and there in the Star Garden.
  • Sprayed here and there in the Vegetable Garden.
  • Staked one of my sunflowers.
  • Tuesday.  Worked.
  • Weeded here and there.  
  • Staked a few plants to get them out of the paths.
  • Watered.
  • Wednesday.  Worked.
  • Deadheaded zinnias, threw the seed heads in thegarden.
  • Bert and I went to dinner at Volare's in town.
  • Thursday.  Worked.
  • Sprayed herbicide on the driveway.
  • Watered the pots.  Trimmed things out of the paths.  
  • I staked my Rudbeckia outside the dining room window.
  • Went down to the Orchard and weeded for a bit.  Not much was needed.
  • Friday.  Worked.
  • Went down to the Orchard and picked a few grapes.  
  • Picked okra.  I have a sackful.  
  • My zinnia seeds finally showed up.  Mail has been unpredictable since all this coronavirus sickness started.
  •  Saturday.  We had Airbnb guests coming on Sunday, so I cleaned the house, cleared out our stuff and left for Houston.  They stayed until Thursday.  
  • We had more guests arrive on Friday.  I took Thursday as vacation, drove to the farm to water my gardens.  The maid cleaned the house.  Back to Houston for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment