Sunday, June 20, 2021

Heliopsis June 20, 2021

 Heliopsis is a relatively new plant discovery for me.  I noticed it blooming last year in the display gardens of The Arbor Gate.  And, for a perennial, it had a very long bloom season.  I go there often, and whenever I went it was always blooming.  Some of them have red stems and some of them have green stems.  The ones with red stems are more striking, just that little bit of extra something.  I bought 5 plants last spring.  I planted 4 of them in the Rose Garden bed at the back of the Rose Garden, and I planted one in the bed around the old dead tree in the Rose Garden.  They get about 4 feet tall.  I haven't had to stake them.  I really love them.  In the fall I will probably try to root some cuttings of the red stemmed plants. 







No comments:

Post a Comment