Monday, June 14, 2021

White Althea June 14, 2021

 I'm pretty certain this althea is called Diane.  It is a beautiful single white flowering shrub.  I have noticed several offspring growing around the two large shrubs which means they have come up from seed I guess, unless a branch was on the ground and rooted from that.  I'm actually not sure because I have never seen seed on these shrubs.  On the other hand, I have never actually searched for any sign of seed.  I grew the two large ones from cuttings (which I am very proud of).  These are growing in a very shady spot, and they don't seem to mind.  White flowers show up so well in the shade.  Underneath these shrubs it looks pretty messy.  There are lots of rain lilies and freesia laxa growing haphazardly underneath, and I don't have the heart to spray them or the energy / interest to move them. 








No comments:

Post a Comment