Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Inland Sea Oats June 13, 2021

 This is a native grass, and I have actually seen inland sea oats growing on the side of the road leading to our house.  I planted this in the corner of the Dining Room bed because much of the year that bed is in shade.  It reseeds prolifically, though, and can become a nuisance.  Last spring or late winter I dug most of it up and moved it to the Shade Garden.  It is in a very good spot in there, and I wish I had taken a picture of it in the Shade Garden because it is in a much prettier location.  I left a few plugs in the Dining Room bed, and here it is going to seed.  The next place I'm going to put some is in the large bed along the path to the pool area.  This grass likes shade, and that bed surrounds several post oaks.  It's the perfect spot for it I'm just realizing!





No comments:

Post a Comment