Sunday, September 24, 2023

Buttercup Turnera September 23, 2023

 This is a great re-seeding annual.  All of the clumps that are growing in the garden came up from seed from plants that I grew last year.  The one issue I have with Turnera is that the flowers close early in the day.  It's a spectacular show if you get out there early.  Otherwise, they are just big green plants.  The native bees are crazy for them.  There are always hundreds of giant bumble bees out there at all times.  My granddaughter, Koy, wouldn't go into the Rose Garden last time she was here for fear of all the bees.  There is a solid yellow flowered variety as well.  I bought 6 or so plants of the solid yellow variety this year so that next year I will have dozens of those as well.  







No comments:

Post a Comment