Sunday, September 24, 2023

My Arbors September 23, 2023

 All my arbors are in various stages of preparedness for the wedding.  Several weeks ago I laid a piece of chicken wire across the top of this arbor and trained the ends of the vines across the top of it.  I need to work on this arbor again, maybe next week.  This is Alamo Vine and Hyacinth Bean vine.

This is Alamo Vine.  Basically, I will just clip along the edges of this arbor as soon as I get around to it.
This is Hyacinth Bean.  I've tied it all back away from the entrance.  I might have to work on it again, and then the day before the wedding I will clip anything that is sticking out.  I just laid gravel down across that whole area .  It looks pretty good.  

This is Coral vine and Hyacinth Bean.  Hyacinth Bean is an annual.  I planted these seeds last spring hoping that the vines would be blooming for the wedding.  There are buds, but they are tiny.  Hopefully some of them will be blooming.  Coral vine is a perennial.  I has big, potato-like tubers for roots.  There is a hot pink variety and a white variety.  This one is white, and I absolutely love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment