Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Weekend at the Farm 06/2627/10



This is a Dame de Coeur rose.

This weekend I didn't work too hard. Too hot!

Gathered up some eggplants and tomatoes from the Vegetable Garden.

Moved some Evergreen Viola from a neglected flowerbed over to the Shade Garden.

Sprayed herbicide in the paths in the Vegetable Garden, the Shade Garden, the Rose Garden, the Star Garden, and the Infinity Garden.

Pulled weeds. Lots of weeds!

Turned the soil in one of the beds in the Vegetable Garden and planted burgundy okra. The world needs more okra.

Swam in the pool and listened to rockabilly on the radio.

Fertilized in the Vegetable Garden.

Something big - I assume it is an armadillo - has dug a big hole/den in my Greenhouse. I need to get him out of there, but I'm scared to mess with him. Damn armadillos!

Watered my fruit trees and the shrubs in the Greenhouse Garden.

Deadheaded my roses and my bee balm.

Sunday my husband and I packed a lunch and took the dogs to Lake Livingston for a swim and a picnic. I think we were the only people in the park. Too hot for sensible people to be spending time outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment