Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What's Blooming Now - Whirling Butterfly 06/06/10




This is Whirling Butterfly with some Silver Frost Sedum groundcover that I just planted growing next to it. Whirling Butterfly is a good middle-of-the-border plant because long stems grow up and wave in the breeze. The bottom of the plant is pretty inconsequential so it is best to have something growing in front of it to cover it up. This garden is very narrow so unfortunately I cannot have anything in front of it covering up its "feet". Perhaps I'll move it someday to the Long Border which is considerably wider and therefore allows me to have low, medium, and tall plants layered together. It spreads pretty quickly. I had a very small plant last summer which I dug up from my garden in Houston. This year that same plant is about three feet wide.


No comments:

Post a Comment