Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Day at the Farm Jan 13, 2013

Friday and part of Saturday at the hospital for my dad's surgery - fell and broke his femur.  Saturday evening to the farm then back to Houston and the hospital for a visit Sunday evening.

  • Cut away water sprouts and growth below the graft of my peach trees.
  • Shredded leaves to fill the expansion of the La Marne hedge flower bed.  I widened that flower bed in order to make the path more narrow.  Covered some of it with mulch.  I will fill the rest with soil.  I didn't get very far with that project because I didn't stay long on Sunday.
  • Watered the two roses that I transplanted last weekend.  It rained on Saturday night, but I wanted to make sure they got a good, deep watering.
  • I watered the olive tree I planted last weekend.

1 comment: