Monday, January 28, 2013

A Weekend at the Farm January 27, 2012

These are my busy garden companions, the vociferous defenders of my territory, my loyal fan club.

  • My husband laid out another flowerbed in the Star Garden, and I filled it with mulch, soil, and compost.
  • I shredded lots of leaves on Saturday that I raked up in the Shade Garden.  I dumped them in several beds in the Circle Drive, the ginger bed in the Star Garden, over the Spanish Bluebells in the Shade Garden, the ginger bed in the Shade Garden, and the La Marne Rose bed I'm extending in the Star Garden.
  • Put some mulch around one of the peach trees in the Orchard.
  • Laid some mulch in a path.  
  • Put some mulch around the Snowball Viburnum and the Harlequin Glorybower.
  • Put some mulch in the Bulb Bed.
  • Watered the roses I transplanted last week.
  • Watered the Olive Tree I planted last week and the shrubs in the dry parts of the yard.
  • Raked the Infinity Garden.
  • Weeded, weeded, weeded.
  • Adjusted the sprinklers.
  • Made suet for the birds:  sugar, bacon grease, peanut butter, nuts and dried fruit, cornmeal.
  • The neighbors came over for dinner Saturday evening.
  • Fertilized the camellias and banana shrub with Ammonium Sulphate.
  • The plum trees are already starting to bloom because of the warm weather.  If it freezes again, I'll lose everything.  And it surely will freeze again since we haven't even gotten into February yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment