Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day at the Farm March 29, 2013

Good Friday at the farm and then to the lake for Saturday and Easter Sunday.
  • I spent most of the day on Friday pulling weeds, wandering around, and looking at my gardens.  It was really a special day.  So pleasant.
  • My neighbor gave me a clump of cannas that she was digging up.  The flowery are a pale, buttery yellow.  I planted them in the Wave Garden.  She also gave me a Four Nerve Daisy which I am very excited about.  Good front of the border flowers. 
  • Watered everywhere with my rain water and watering can.  I watered lots and lots of plants. 
  • Sprayed the roses and hollyhocks with fungicide.
  • Sprayed herbicide in various places until the sprayer gave out.  
  • Puttered around in the Vegetable Garden.  We had a freeze last week.  All the leaves on my tomatoes froze back, but the plants are still alive.  They are set back a bit, but they will recover.
  • Went to dinner at the Brazos Belle on Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment