Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend at the Farm March 2-3, 2013



I saw three Tiger Swallowtails at one time, so I know I have more than one.  So pretty.

  • Cleaned up around the pool - cut away dead debris, moved two clumps of Lantana into the Rose Garden.
  • Cut back the Frostproof Gardenia and moved it to one of the Circle Drive beds.  Put in lots of fertilizer.  It was in too much sun.  
  • Moved a Harlequin Glorybower that had suckered off the mother plant into the spot where the Gardenia had been.  Called my neighbor and gave her one as well.
  • I made a new bed in the Infinity Garden.  I planted 3 red Turk's Cap seedlings in the bed.
  • I started building a new bed, also in the Infinity Garden, that extends off the area where one of the Wisteria is planted and goes around the Christmas tree.  Didn't get it finished - it's really big.
  • Dug up Feverfew seedlings that had sprung up in various places and planted them around the Sweet Shrub in the Infinity Garden.  
  • Dug up Columbine seedlings that had sprung up in the paths and moved them to various places.
  • Fertilized lots of plants.
  • Watered lots of plants.
  • Helped my husband cut up and move a huge pine tree that fell across the neighbor's fence.  Repaired the fence as best we could. Sprained a muscle in my leg, a little sore, more of a nuisance than anything else.
  • Walked the neighbor's fenceline and found a huge hole where the bull must be getting out.  My husband drove over to his house and spoke to him about it.  I guess we'll have to help pay to have the fence repaired, but for now he is going to repair it himself.
  • Raked the African Hosta bed and mulched.
  • Cleaned out the Blue Mistflower Bed and fertilized.
  • Fertilized the marigolds in the Vegetable Garden with liquid fertilizer.
  • I'm finally out of mulch.  I used the last of it.  It was great while it lasted.  I'll have to get more or I'll be fighting hand to hand combat with weeds all summer long.  It's so expensive though!

No comments:

Post a Comment