Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Weekend at the Farm - September 15, 2013

My Candida rain lilies are blooming.  They bloom in the spring and the fall.  So pretty.
  • Armadillos dug up my Sweet Olive.  It was still alive, so I stuck it back in the ground.
  • Sowed Cleome seeds in the Star Garden.
  • Sowed Parsley seeds in the Star Garden.  I can't get enough parsley and cilantro.  They are so pretty and green throughout the winter months.  And I love the look of ornamentals and edibles growing together.
  • Sowed Cilantro seeds in the Star Garden and the Infinity Garden.
  • Sowed some Microgreen seeds in the Star Garden.
  • Sowed some Alaska Variegated Nasturtium seeds in the Star Garden.
  • Cleared woods for several hours on Sunday morning.  Whew!  I was so tired after that I had to lie down.
  • The green beans I planted last week have popped up.  So cute.
  • The carrots I planted last week are beginning to emerge as well as the dill, cilantro and parsley that I sowed last week.
  • The weather was kind of pleasant in the morning on Saturday and Sunday.  I can't believe it's fall.
  • I pulled up the tuber vervain in the daffodil bed and the Long Border.  I turned the earth in the Long Border and weeded.
  • I cut back Blackberry vines in the Orchard.  It was Sunday afternoon and hot as blazes, so I didn't get too much done, though.
  • I cut back gingers along the Boardwalk, in the Circle, and in the ginger bed in the Star Garden.  Once they bloom, the entire stalk can be cut down.  It won't bloom again.
  • I watered the shrubs in the Greenhouse Garden.
  • I moved several clumps of Striped Beauty Cannas from the pool area into the Star Garden.  It isn't thriving next to the pool.  
  • Planted some gourd seeds on the arbor next to the Veilchenblau.
  • Re-buried some daffodil bulbs that had been upturned by armadillos.
  • The Ox Blood lilies that I dug up from the deserted house near Carmine are blooming!  I am excited about that.  It is fall, and the rain lilies, ox blood lilies, and hurricane lilies are blooming.  How do they know when it is time to bloom?  A miracle.
  • Watered the shrubs in the Star Garden.
  • Weeded, weeded, weeded.
  • Deadheaded flowers. 
  • Cleaned the master bedroom.  Vacuumed the living room, cleaned the toilets and sinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment