Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend at the Farm February 28 - March 2, 2014

My Rocky dog did not enjoy my grandchild as much as I did this weekend.

  • Will, Kim and the kids came to the farm and spent the night.  Beth and Ashley and the boys came up for the day.  The weather on Saturday was pretty nice, but it turned extremely cold and rainy on Sunday.
  • I had twelve yards of crushed granite delivered on Friday.  Lots of work to do before the Crawfish Boil on April 26.
  • Laid down two truckloads of crushed granite amongst the stepping stones at the entrance to the Star Garden.  That's all I had time to do before the crowd arrived on Saturday.  
  • Sunday morning I planted 3 Dittany of Crete, 3 Rosemary, 3 French Sorrel, and 3 Berggarten Sage in the Medicine Garden.
  • I planted 6 Mother of Thyme in the Star Garden as ground cover and 3 Onion Chives in the Kitchen Herb bed.
  • The white and purple bearded irises I rescued from various places are loaded with buds.  Hopefully the freeze didn't do them in.
  • I planted 7 sweet pea plants in the Star Garden.  The rabbits ate all of the ones I planted from seed.
  • Salad from the garden for dinner on Saturday evening.  
  • Everything is budding out.  It is the most exciting time of year in the garden.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment