Monday, March 30, 2015

At the Farm March 27, 2015

 This beautiful bearded iris was given to me by Janine Snapp.  So pretty!

I love the inside of beardeds.

  • I went up for the day to water the plants I put in the ground last week.
  • I also had to replace the sprinkler timer in the Rose Garden, it was broken.  Not a good time for everything to get dry.
  • Planted three stonecrop plants in a ceramic pot - 2 Vera Jameson Stonecrop, and 1 Bronze Carpet Stonecrop.  I planted 1 Vera in the ground and 1 Bronze in the ground.  I planted 3 John Creech Stonecrop (that I split into two pieces each) into 2 pairs of shoes that I was going to throw away.  I love sedums, perennial and some of them are evergreen.
  • The seeds I planted in the Vegetable Garden - squash, green beans, and cucumbers - have still not sprouted.  I am surprised and confused.  Why haven't they sprouted?
  • Everything is looking good.  The penstemon and Ox Eyes have sprouted their flower stalks, I am seeing tiny little buds on the Peggy Martin rose, the oxalis are blooming, the bearded irises are blooming their wonderfully ethereal blossoms - spring!     

No comments:

Post a Comment