Monday, March 16, 2015

Ice Follies Daffodils March 15, 2015

These pretty white and yellow daffodils were planted last fall in my wild garden.  I don't weed this area, hence the term "wild garden".  Whatever grows is allowed to grow (much to my husband's consternation).  That doesn't mean I don't plant things, but rather it means I don't pull weeds.  If I want to suppress weeds I can compost or plant something that will crowd out the weeds, but I am not weeding the area.
I planted these Ice Follies amongst my double and single narcissus odorous.  I wanted to plant them in clumps, but it seemed wherever I dug I ran smack into roots.  I finally got them all in the ground, more in a line than in clumsps.  But over time they will look like more a naturalized grouping. They are really showy flowers.








No comments:

Post a Comment