Monday, April 20, 2015

Amaryllis April 20, 2015

Above and below, I "saved" these bulbs from some land where a house had once stood.  The house was long gone, and the bulbs were just greening up, no leaves or flowers.  I was drawn to the property because  I saw some hurricane lilies blooming.  I was at a family reunion at my cousins barn in Pasadena, and the children came back from some adventure with a bunch of hurricane lilies in their hands that they had picked.  I asked them to lead me back to where they had found them, so we tramped through the woods to a spot where a house once stood.  I dug up all the bulbs.  Some of them were hurricane lilies, and some of them were these Johnson Amaryllis.  What a find!  Three years later look at how they have filled out.  They have been on a long strange trip.  From Pasadena to Brenham,.


Above and below, I bought these Johnson Amaryllis from an on line store, but I don't remember which one.  I wrote it down in my diary, but I don't want to bother with looking it up right now.


Above and below - these amaryllis were give to me by Janine Snapp.  I need to dig some up and give them back to her because hers have not come back well from previous years.


No comments:

Post a Comment