Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Baby Artichokes April 20, 2015

I have one artichoke plant.  It is really healthy.  If you let artichokes go to seed you will see an absolutely gorgeous flower.  Electric blue and highly unusual.  In my experience, if you want to eat them, don't expect them to get the size of the ones you see in the grocery store.  Because they won't.  If you wait for that they will simply go to seed while you are waiting.


Below, my artichole plant and a Nicotiana.  The Nicotiana has been growing in the Orchard for about a year, but this is the first time it has bloomed.  I was so surprised to see that it was in fact Nicotiana.  I didn't know what the plant was, but I suspected it was "something", and then one day I went down to the Orchard, and it was blooming!  I was pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment