Friday, April 3, 2015

Day at the Farm April 3. 2015


To the farm for one day then to the lake for Easter.  M&D, Nan and Lisa, Bert and me, and Blake, Sammy, and Mr. H.  Rainy day Friday.  Good for the plants, but I wanted to spray herbicide.
  • The irises have started to bloom, I will miss the whole thing when I am gone next week.  The bloom time for irises is so fleeting!  Easy to miss.  I fertilized all of this in the early spring / late winter, and it has really made a difference in the number of buds I see this year as compared to previous years.
  • Sprayed herbicide around pool, pool area, Infinity Garden, side yard where the 75% sculpture sits, the driveway all the way to the road, the Rose Garden, the Vegetable Garden, and the Star Garden.
  • Carol Montgomery stopped by to say hello. She wants Bert to come get some wood from her wood pile.
  • My Double Red Althea died, have no idea why so I assume that voles ate all the roots.  Years ago I planted 50 Corn Flag bulbs in that same bed and not a single one ever sprouted the following spring.  ad to be voles.  So this bed must be a favorite spot.  At any rate, I planted another Althea called Lucy.
  • Watered the tiny morning glory and Hyacinth Bean seedlings that have sprouted along my trellises. 
  • Planted green beans, cucumbers, and squash - again.  None of them sprouted.  That is really strange.  It's a little late in the season to be planting them I think, but we will have none if I do not.  
  • I went over to the Greenhouse to take pictures of some blooming Columbine and saw that my Hartlage Sweet Shrub was blooming.  It is still very small, so I would have missed it if I had not gone over there.  
  • Azaleas, daffodils, bluebells, moss verbena, columbine - all blooming.  
  •  Left early on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment