Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Weekend at the Farm May 18 - 21, 2017


This picture was taken looking out our bedroom door.  While the bee balm is blooming it blocks the view down the hill which my husband does not like.  But it's temporary.  This bee balm will bloom for a another couple of weeks and then I will cut it down to the ground. 



Josh and Amy went to Roatan and I babysat Koy for the long weekend in Burton.
  • The rain barrels on either side of the front porch were the usual hit.  Koy spent all the time I would allow splashing in the buckets and throwing rocks into the water - an endlessly fascinating activity.  We drove around in the cadet a lot, and we took lots of aimless, wandering walks.  And she spent a lot of time torturing Grey Kitty, Cosmo and the dogs.  We picked blackberries until she got pricked and stopped liking the game, she ate all the berries as she picked - none of them went into the bowl.
  • I pulled weeds when I could.
  • I watered in the Rose Garden here and there.
  • I trimmed the shrubs along the front of the house.  They looked terrible.  I cut a few of them all the way down to the ground.
  • Pulled up some spent poppies in the Star Garden.
  • I gathered up the dead greenery from the Ehrlicheers next to the Dwarf Flowefing Almond shrubs and sowed some zinnias.
  • I staked the Pringle Aster. 
  • And I gathered up unruly coreopsis so that it wasn't leaning on some of my mums and iris.



No comments:

Post a Comment