Thursday, October 15, 2020

At the Farm During the Pandemic October 13 - 15, 2020

 


  • Drove up here on my lunch hour on Tuesday.  
  • Watered a few things, but no time for much of anything.
  • After work I turned over the soil in the Vegetable Garden where I had dumped two bags of manure / humus last week.  I planted a mustard green plant in that spot.  I added some lime to an adjacent spot and sowed a packet of spinach.
  • Bert and I took a ride around the property in the dark of the evening.  Everything smelled of damp earth, and there were no stars and no moon.
  • Wednesday.  Worked.
  • I hand-watered in the Long Border.  And I hand-watered in the Hot Border.  Some of the seeds I sowed in the Hot Border have sprouted, but most did not.  Since I'm gone so much with the Airbnb guests, I haven't been able to water as much as I would have liked.  I thought when I sowed them, they would germinate with only a few waterings, but obviously I was wrong. 
  • After work I planted 2 Heliopsis in the Rose Garden and a Mexican sedum.  I planted 2 small Copper Canyon daisy in the bed where the others are growing.
  • I cut back some spent ageratum in the Star Garden that was leaning into a path.
  • Deadheaded salvias in the Rose Garden.
  • Hand watered all the beds at the front of the Rose Garden.
  • Thursday.  Worked.
  • Before work I hand watered in the Greenhouse Gardens.  I sowed some Ox Eye daisies in the hydrangea bed.  And I set a sprinkler on them to keep them watered while I'm gone.  Airbnb guests arrive on Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment