Thursday, October 22, 2020

White Philippine Violet October 22, 2020

 Philippine Violet spreads by seeds.  The seed is hard to collect because once it's ripe it sort of shoots out.  It doesn't sit in the seed pod and eventually drop to the ground.  So, it ends up sprouting everywhere and has to be pulled up (which is very easy) in places where you don't want it.  I haven't really paid close enough attention to know if it comes up from the roots after winter, but I'm pretty sure that none of mine has.  Mine all seem to be coming up from seed.  This plant likes shade or to sit at the edge of sun and shade.  There is a purple variety that I love, but I've tried growing it twice with no luck.

In the picture immediately below - morning glory, Mexican sage and Philippine Violet in the background.  Just trying to get another picture into the blog of my beautiful morning glories.














No comments:

Post a Comment