Friday, October 9, 2020

Barbados Cherry in the Medicine Garden October 8, 2020

 I have three barbados cherry shrubs in the Medicine Garden.  I've had them for 13 years.  They are good shrubs, nothing to write home about.  The flowers make small cherry-like berries that supposedly are edible, but I've never eaten them.  The birds like them.  I planted them in the Medicine Garden because they are edible.  That garden (originally - I've moved away from this somewhat) is planted with plants that are edibles, medicinals, and usefuls.  Other plants in that garden are Gotu Kola, valerian, catnip, elderberry, wormwood, horsetail reed, turks cap, gingers, hojo santo, bay tree, oregano, henna, lambs ear, tansy, St. Johns Wort, and rosemary.  But now, I also have some bulbs, some Ox Eyes, a camellia, several hydrangeas, and others that don't immediately come to mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment