Sunday, August 21, 2022

Day at the Farm August 10, 2022

 

I drove up on my work from home Wednesday and worked from the farm.

  • My field pea cover crop is already popping up from the ground.  Adorable.
  • I watered my little Two Winged Silverbell tree and took a close look at it.  It has dropped most of its leaves due to the dry conditions, but it is alive and about to put out some new leaves.  That is excellent. 
  • In fact, I see flushes of growth here and there throughout the gardens.  The shorter days and longer nights are beginning to show results.  Yes, it is just as hot during the day, but there is less of it.  We are so close to the end of the hard Texas days.
  • Bilski was here in the morning fixing the well.  The water pressure was weak.  They pulled the well cover off and pulled all the pipes up, fixed the pump and pressure gauge, added some chlorine and put it all back together.  I can tell a difference in the sprinkler system in the Star Garden.  I didn't check any of the other sprinklers due to time constraint

No comments:

Post a Comment