Sunday, August 21, 2022

Day at the Farm August 21, 2022



Drove up on Saturday afternoon with Koy and spent the night.  Cleo, Josh and Amy were having a special day just with Cleo before she starts her first day of school.

  • Koy and I planted a Parsley Hawthorn together.  This is a small native tree that grows to about 20 feet at its tallest.  It has pretty white flowers in the spring and makes red edible berries.  I will put a plaque under it to mark the occasion of her 7th birthday which is just around the corner.
  • I fed the bees.
  • It rained - not much, but it kept me from running around madly trying to water.  
  • I sowed a bunch of Nasturtiums in the Vegetable Garden.  The seeds were from 2020, so I thought I'd better go ahead and use them.  The flowers and leaves of Nasturtiums are edible.  They should have plenty of time to bloom before the first frost.  
  • My field pea cover crop is thriving. 
  • All is right with the world.
  • Koy and I left about 2:00 on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment