Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Wednesday at the Farm August 31, 2022

 

This is my butterfly weed, but I haven't seen any Monarchs in a long time.  Last summer I had so many Monarchs in the garden.  It was very entertaining.  This year weather has played a huge role in their absence.

Last day of August.  I won't miss that month.  

  • Fortunately it rained yesterday.  There was a half inch in the rain gauge.  I was thinking there would be much more because it looked like a downpour was getting us on the weather app.
  • Some of the daylilies that I planted last spring are emerging, refreshed from the weather relief.  I don't expect blooms, but I'm glad to see at least some of them survived the drought. The greenery disappeared immediately due to the dry conditions, and I wasn't sure if they died or if they went dormant. 
  • During the lunch hour I sowed Polar Bear zinnia seeds (white) throughout the Rose Garden.  
  • Almost all of the Nasturtiums have emerged.  Yay. 
  • I walked around the Star Garden, the Water Garden and the Rose Garden. 
  • I also sowed white zinnias in the White Garden.  
  • The zinnias should bloom in the fall and give me a good show.  The Heavenly Blue morning glories will be blooming soon.  And the perennial ageratum is in bud.  My red leaved celosia will be in bloom soon as well as the sunflowers I sowed.  The Mexican sunflowers will begin blooming soon.  It's time for fall.  The cannas, salvias, lantanas, gomphrenas, roses, and all the other summer flowers will still be blooming.  Fall is always beautiful.
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment