Monday, March 27, 2023

Corncockle March 27, 2023

 What an easy flower to grow from seed.  For one thing, they are large seeds, easier to handle.  I sowed the seeds in October or November time frame.  They made it unscathed through the weird temperature drop (more of a plummet) in December.  Some of my seedlings of larkspur, as well as others, died in the freeze. I was so surprised about that.  But the Corncockle did fine.  All of it is in bud, and some of the plants have begun to bloom.  I think it's really pretty.  Corncockle seed is expensive (relatively speaking).  But leaving it to dry up and drop seed is too much of a wait for me.  Out with the old, in with the new.  I will end up pulling it up before it sets seed and sowing other seed.  This year it will be replaced with Lady Slippers, Zinnias and Cosmos.





No comments:

Post a Comment