Friday, March 10, 2023

Day at the Farm March 8, 2023

 


Drove up for the day and worked from the farm.  

During lunch I planted 3 Agastache in the front bed.  Voles seem to love this plant, but I'm hoping that it will be relatively protected in the front bed because it is surrounded by the drive way and the house slab.

I sowed Cosmos and Zinnias in one bed in the Orchard.  That's all I had time for, but I will seed the rest over the weekend.  I watered my Wolfberries, my new blackberries and my pomegranate (which I was afraid had died, but I see new growth).

The voles have pulled one of my tomato plants under - it's gone.  And they ate a beautiful head of lettuce. 

I sowed some zucchini and squash seeds in the Vegetable Garden.  Pulled some weeds.

Watered here and there - some of my young trees, a few places in the Water Garden, and a few spots in the Rose Garden.  I watered all my roses in pots.  

There has been a step change in growth since I was last at the farm.  But there are still things that have not budded out yet, my mock orange and my fig trees being some examples.  The post oaks have not leafed out either.

The Purple Phacelia is in full bloom and covered in bees.  Bees are particularly attracted to the color blue.  

It's another glorious spring.  God is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment