Saturday, August 31, 2024

Weekend at the Farm August 30 - 31, 2024

This is Joe Pye weed with a great big native bumble bee on it.

Friday.  Worked in Burton.  

I did some occasional weeding throughout the day. I staked an Augusta Duelberg that was leaning into a path.  I cleaned out the area surrounding my tuberosa butterfly weed.

During the lunch hour I met with the La Bahia Board members to plan for the plant swap.  That's really coming up soon!

I didn't do anything after work, I just really didn't feel like it.

Saturday.  The humidity was low and the temperature in the morning was pleasant.  The days are getting shorter, summer is coming to a close.  

I spent a couple of hours in the Orchard pulling weeds.  I'm making every effort to keep it from slipping back into a mess.  I spread Texas Orange Lantana throughout the beds.  I'd be okay with blue mist flower (the tall and the short varieties), the orange lantana,  blue salvia, swamp sunflower, and echinacea blooming throughout that garden along with the fruit.  As low maintenance as possible.  

I weeded in the Vegetable Garden.  If I don't get a move on I will miss my window to plant my fall garden.  But it won't get done this weekend.

I watered in the Rose Garden and the Greenhouse Gardens. 

Headed home about 2:00 to pick up Sam.  He's spending the night with me and we are going to an Astros game on Sunday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment