Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Weekend at the Farm September 29-30, 2012


My husband added the section of the shed that extends past the fence in the top photograph (still needs to be painted).  He installed gutters along the roof line that feed into the hole under the roof.  Rain water drains into the tank in the above photograph.  It rained this weekend and the tank filled up to the top.  What a fantastic rain barrel!  Rain water is great for plants.

  •  I worked on my landscaping project this weekend.
  • We drove to Austin and babysat our granddaughter on Saturday night.  Spent the night, went to breakfast with my husband's son and daughter in law and then headed back to Burton.
  • Harvested some okra.
  • Pulled weeds.
  • The place needs a good clean up.  I've been pretty occupied the last few visits with my landscaping project, and I haven't done much else.  I need to work in the Orchard and along the Boardwalk.
  • Thought a lot about my sister this weekend.  Her death weighs heavy on my mind.   

No comments:

Post a Comment